CLARION, Pa. – The Clarion County YMCA has announced an evening Open House on May 10 from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the current location at 15952 Route 322 in Clarion.
The event will showcase the facility and programs, and Jesse Kelley will be on hand to talk about the new YMCA.
The Open House will offer tours, equipment trials, and information about the new Clarion County YMCA offerings this fall.
Snacks and refreshments will be provided.
Adult and family memberships are 20% off when you bring a friend and both qualify for a Buddy-Up for Fitness Membership. Young Adult Memberships (for ages 19-29) are just $23.00 a month.
Seniors and some others may be eligible for SilverSneakers or Silver & Fit Memberships at no cost through their insurance. To find out eligibility, the YMCA recommends contacting your insurance company.
Everyone that attends will be eligible for a prize drawing for a Y gym bag filled with gear to help you live a healthier life.
“If you have been considering a membership to the YMCA, now is the time to get started,” said Jesse Kelley, YMCA Branch Director.
“We have a lot of exciting things happening at the Y. New programs, member challenges, social activities and youth sports are just a few things we offer besides the use of our equipment.”
The New Clarion County YMCA
In the fall, the new Clarion County YMCA will be centrally located on a seven-acre tract easily accessible from Exit 62 off Interstate 80 near the Clarion Oaks Golf Course. The new facility will triple the size of the current Y and include a warm-water family pool with lap lanes that can be used for recreation, exercise, aqua aerobics, swim lessons and other activities.
The 40,000 square foot facility will also include:
- Full service wellness center outfitted with cardiovascular and resistance training equipment, free-weights, and group exercise studios.
- Full gymnasium with a separate running/walking track.
- Swimming pool with lap lanes and warm water for water exercise classes and swim lessons.
- Child Watch area.
- Office space for outpatient rehabilitation.
- Outdoor athletic field.
- Administrative space with offices, conference rooms, work stations and kitchen.
- Multi-purpose rooms to support seniors in the mornings and children and teens after school.
- Support spaces, including lobby, reception, locker rooms for men, women, families and those with special needs, bathrooms, and storage.